The mission of Black Sand Neuropsychological Services is to facilitate “whole brain” healing for children, adults, and helping professionals.
Whole brain healing involves a mind-body approach to expanding consciousness and integrating neural networks to maximize growth, balance, and learning potential. The result is a deeper connection to our essential self, others and the larger world.
~ For children with learning differences or a variety of medical or psychological conditions that impact the brain, healing can take place when their neuropsychological profile is better understood and effective interventions can be implemented tailored to their specific strengths and needs.
~ For individuals who seek therapy to overcome personal challenges, whole brain healing involves using methods such as sandplay, art , active imagination, and meditation to tap into unconscious resources, reorganize neural networks, change behavior, and ultimately develop vitality, purpose and a new perspective on life.
- Sandplay therapy - including personal process, training, individualized retreats, and case consultation
- Pediatric and school neuropsychological evaluations and consultation services
- NMT® assessment and trauma work
- Psychotherapy for children, families, and adults
- Supervision for social workers, mental health counselors and psychologists
- Professional consultation in clinical administration and staff development
- Speaking/training in children's behavioral health, trauma, neuropsychology, and sandplay therapy